Monday, October 2, 2017

September 2017 | Monthly Wrap Up

I can't believe it's been another month, that's honestly a little incredible how fast time is going. My inability to understand time, though, is well known.

I started off this month in Dublin, by the way, which still seems incredible to me? I still can't believe really believe that the whole trip was real, and so much fun. It was my first time traveling with friends and it was so much fun. High stress at points - and, also, ridiculous? I mean we get ridiculous, anyway, but put us alone in London and add 74 steps to our airbnb and whew, we get more ridiculous then usual, which I didn't know was possible.

Books:
  • Michael's Wings by Tiffany Reisz (5/5)
  • The Dreadful Tale of Prosper Redding by Alexandra Braken (3.5/5)
  • The Epic Crush of Genie Lo by F.C. Yee (3.5/5)
  • The Red by Tiffany Reisz (3/5)
  • Geekerella by Ashley Poston (3/5)
  • Girls Like Me by Lola St.Vil (3/5)
  • City of Strife (City of Strife #1) by Claudie Arseneault (4/5)
I, actually, posted a few reviews this month for what I read, and one that'll be going up closer to release date so instead of saying  more here: The Dreadful Tale of Prosper Redding, The Red, and one for Michael's Wings is coming.

Overall, it was a pretty good reading month for me. Especially considering I wasn't reading much in the first week or two of the month with traveling, and post-travel everything. And, also, with apartment guests in the middle of the month, it was a month, that's for sure.

I read Geekerella in pretty much one sitting, and it was cute but not amazing. I really, really loved City of Strife - it took me a ridiculously long time to read, but it's just a slower book, I think, which is not a bad thing. Seriously, check this book out, it's incredible. And I'm impatiently waiting for book two, which comes out in October, actually, so soon!

I enjoyed Girls Like Me, and really liked the message behind it, but I didn't feel like we had enough time with that message after? The main character is down on herself for the whole book and, when she finally realizes she isn't the problem, everyone else is the asshole, we don't get to see much of her really accepting that. Because it's not just a switch, and suddenly you know/accept your awesome. However - definitely still a solid book. I also didn't like the writing a lot - it's written in verse, which is fine, but it didn't blow me away.

Let me know what you read this week, or if you've read anything I have, and I hope you have a fantastic week!

Happy reading!


On The Blog:

No comments:

Post a Comment