Saturday, October 21, 2017

Dewey's 24 Hour Readathon | October 21st

Once again, we've reached Dewey's 24 hour readathon! One of my favorites of the year and I love how seriously so many people, myself included, take this readathon. This year is probably going to be a little bit different though because I don't want to wear myself out too much. I'm traveling at the end of the week and have a lot of to do before then, and then then.

Speaking of which - blog posts during November will probably be pretty sparse considering I'll be visiting friends and it'll also be NaNoWriMo.

My plan is to be up at 8am and then read as long as I can, and then friends might want to do virtual hang out stuff. I have a lot I want to get done, I'm also in the middle of a lot of books and I'd like to get some of them finished, especially before my trip.

The Stack:


  • Not Your Villain by C.B. Lee
  • This Savage Song by Victoria Schwab
  • Spirit Hunters by Ellen Oh
  • Ramona Blue by Julie Murphy
  • This Dark Duet by Victoria Schwab

The Goals:

  • finish books on my currently-reading stack
  • read for literally any amount of time
  • participate on twitter and cheer people on
  • mostly just read!

The Updates:

8am - 12pm

Books:
Not Your Villain (Sidekicks Squad #2) by C.B. Lee (finished - 170 pages)

# of pages read:  170
# books read: 1
time spent reading: 1 hour, 23 minutes

Notes:
I woke up tired and not in a mood to read but I love this readathon and wanted to get in the mood so I made myself stop sleeping and read. Which is something I don't do enough and never regret? i'm breaking now cause my eyes are a bit iffy and I definitely overdid it yesterday but planning to finish at least one more book, if not two. I'm mostly working on currently-reading books and, specifically, hardcover currently-reading because probably not bringing hardcovers when I leave for my trip at the end of the week!

Let me know how your readathon is going!

12pm - 4pm

Books:
Smoke and Mirrors by Michael Faudet (started and finished - 240 pages)
Depression and other Magic Tricks by Sabrina Benaim (started and finished - 97 pages)

# of pages read: 337
total # of pages: 507
# books read: 2
total # of books:
time spend reading: 1 hour, 14 minutes 
total time spent reading: 2 hours, 37 minutes

Notes:
I wasn't super in the mood to read when I woke up and then, eventually, I ended up taking a nap. I think just because I wore myself out so much the day before I just couldn't function today. And then finally got to talk to some friends over video and, sorry, more important then books (don't tell them, they'll be shocked).


No comments:

Post a Comment