Saturday, October 21, 2017

10 Years in 10 Books | #readathon challenge

I love this idea for a readathon challenge so much that I'm typing up this post before I've started reading for the day, also possibly because I'm just not really in a reading mood. Which is a problem on readathon day. Anyway - I went for books that weren't the obvious choice, or tried to. Also tried to go for books I've read.

For example, yes, I could of put Deathly Hallows for 2007 but I think everyone's aware of my love of Harry Potter considering the 2 tattoos I have related to it.

2007: The Arrival by Shaun Tan - this is a gorgeous graphic novel that uses no words, cannot recommend enough.
2008: Duma Key by Stephen King - honestly, one of my favorite books. By King and just in general - a very underrated book by him that I highly, highly recommend.
2009: Leviathan (#1) by Scott Westerfeld - this is such a fun first book, and fun series. It's been a while since I've read them but - so much fun!
2010: Clockwork Angel (Infernal Devices #1) by Cassie Clare - I love the Infernal Devices series, so much. I've got problems with Clare but this series, I can't even tell you.
2011: Darkest Mercy (Wicked Lovely #5) by Melissa Marr - this whole series is gorgeous. It's been a while since I've reread, and I know they'll probably seem a little outdated now but - I love them.
2012: Adaptation (#1) by Malinda Lo - just read this for the first time recently, and something about it just clicked with me. I'm still in love with it months later.
2013: The Dream Thieves (Raven Cycle #2) by Maggie Stiefvater - this might me by favorite of this series, I just love it so much. The atmosphere, the world.
2014: The Saint (Original Sinners #5) by Tiffany Reisz - not my favorite of the series, but still the best I read that year that I can find. If you haven't heard of this series - they're amazing but also all the trigger warnings in the world.
2015: Six of Crows (Six of Crows #1) by Leigh Bardugo - this was hard, so many good books. But I've already read this book three times so I think it wins. Incredible duology.
2016: Radio Silence by Alice Oseman - this book. God damn. I will shout it's praises from the rooftop. And Exit, Pursued by Bear came out in 2016, too, so it was a tough choice.
2017: City of Strife (#1) by Claudie Arseneault - this was rough cause everything is so fresh but this book was incredible. So diverse, so full of plot and feeling. Cannot wait for book 2!

Whew, that was harder then I thought it'd be. If you posted a list, anywhere, let me know! I kind of failed in the not the obvious choice place, a few times, but I feel like in a few other places I did pull out a different one. Either way - I've got to go read something now, hopefully.

Happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment