Tuesday, July 25, 2017

Bibliothon Day 3 | The Villain's Synopsis

It is day three! Well, presumably, I'm prewriting these so hopefully it is. This challenge is being hosted by Dominique over at Pirates and Pixie Dust. And the idea behind it is to take your favorite book - or just as book, I guess - and rewrite the synposis from the villain's perspective. So. Let's do this.

(There isn't a lot of books I read, apparently, with one focused villain. So this was harder then expected but please enjoy - I definitely went the humor route)

Spoilers for: Harry Potter (kinda?), The Grisha Trilogy, 

Harry Potter and the Philosophers Stone by J.K. Rowling (as soon from Voldemorts POV)
This women did a thing and made it look like her baby defeated me and now I have to live on the back of a dude's head. Ow! Someone hit with me something! Ugh, I hate dealing with Snape. (This is not how I imagine Voldemort's internal monologue but it's too amusing).

Want by Cindy Pon
I am so cool. I am the coolest. The 1% with flourish in our bubbles and the peasants will die. Global warming? The skies use to be blue? HA, fantasy (why do people not believe in global warming??)

World War Z: An Oral History of the Zombie War by Max Brook
(Zombies) grrrr arghhh bleeee grrrrr

The Grisha Trilogy by Leigh Bardugo
(The Darkling) This seems fun, let's destory the world because my mommy doesn't love me. Why do all these fangirls love me? Even though I literally want to destroy the world an am never sorry about it whoops.

Duma Key by Stephen King
Fuck that one guy in particular.

Alright, that last one is probably funny to like one person who clicks on this link but I don't care it made me laugh. Honestly, none of them are very funny. And the Grisha one is me just being salty about how much the fandom loves the Darkling (why? honestly why are you guys like this?). I don't read a lot of books with specific villains, I guess, and these were the only ones I could remmeber clearly enough to even try. And they're not really synopsis of the books, more just like internal monologue for the books.

I mean you don't really see the "villain" in Want all that much, and zombies.

Anyway - hopefully you were a bit better at this then I was, definitely link me if you did this one, I had fun!

Happy readathoning!

No comments:

Post a Comment