Thursday, June 1, 2017

May 2017 | Monthly Wrap Up

Another month gone and I'm already stressing about how crazy busy June is going to be - two trips, a weekend of friends staying with me. It's going to be awesome but super stressful. Before w get to the wrap up, the first trip I'm going on is BEA/BookCon. BEA changed it's rules for bloggers - they can still go, technically, but man is it hard. I'm going on Friday under my family's business and then BookCon.

I'm kind of worried about how crazy BookCon is going to be? (So if you've gone, let me know your experience). I was at BEA for the first year they did BookCon and left pretty fast on that BookCon day because honestly terrifying. I've only got a few books in mind that I want to pick up - specifically 27 Hours by Tristina Wright. And, of course, I've seen ARCS of Holly Black's The Cruel Prince but I don't even have hopes to get up.

Anyway - I'll definitely have a wrap up post after BEA and maybe a vlog to go with it? I'm kind of hoping to also finally visit The Strand? I've been to NYC too many times to count, at this point, for cons or whatever and, somehow, I've never gotten to The Strand. I'm ashamed. Hopefully this time!!

Books:

  • Words of Radiance (Stormlight Archives #2) by Brandon Sanderson (5/5)
  • The Allow of Law (Wax and Wayne, #1) by Brandon Sanderson (5/5)
  • Shadows of Self (Wax and Wayne #2) by Brandon Sanderson (5/5)
  • The Bands of Mourning (Wax and Wayne #3) by Brandon Sanderson (5/5)
  • Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins (4/5)
  • Lola and the Boy Next Door by Stephanie Perkins (5/5)
  • Isla and the Happily Ever After by Stephanie Perkins (4/5)
  • Going Through the Motions (Stake Sauce Stories #1) by RoAnna Sylver (4/5)
  • American Gods by Neil Gaiman
I finished Words of Radiance this month, which seems impossible. And then got caught up on the other Mistborn series - two were rereads - and it's been weeks now and the ending of The Bands of Mourning still has me broken? I love all the stuff he's written and I've read so far - Stormlight is definitely at the top just because of the scale of it but god Mistborn is also good, was going to reread this month but didn't end up happening - hopefully next month?

Besides fangirling about Sanderson, I think I do that enough, I also ended up rereading Perkin's companion series because one of my best friends mentioned it and... and then I had accidentally reread all three of them? That's normal right?

The first Stake Sauce story I rated so high mostly because - well, obviously, I really dam enjoyed it? Way more then I expected to, actually, but also I can see how as we get more stories and the world gets bigger it could be awesome. (Also one of the vamps we see has bubblegum pink hair? And I kind of want to be his best friend?) (Also there's bat turning, into it).

Another reread - American Gods. I've been loving the show so much until this last episode made me hesitant about how far it's drifting from the book? It's still really damn amazing even if it is, honestly, and I know Gaiman's been involved in the show so I've got hope for it still being good. (Ricky Whittle is amazing as Shadow. And Gillian Anderson as Media, I could probably write a whole post just explaining how much I love her?)

So it was a fantastic reading month in my opinion, even though I didn't read as much as I could of, it was still quite a bit and pretty quality. Let me know what you read this month or are currently reading! And if you're going to be in New York for this book event.

On the Blog:

No comments:

Post a Comment