Saturday, January 21, 2017

#24n48 + #diverseathon

I meant to make this post at least a week ago but I've had eye strain for over two weeks now - it's pretty much better, which is how I'm currently able to type this out. It's been driving me insane, though. However - readathons, the best things ever.

24in48 is exactly what it sounds like - a readathon centered around trying to read for 24 hours within 48. Takes place between today and tomorrow (Saturday January 21st - Sunday January 22nd). I've never hit 24 hours, and I'm not sure I ever will just because of who I am as a person, but it's a lot of fun to try and get there. And I always read a lot, even if I don't quite get to 24 hours. Follow along on all social media platforms with #24in48.

(will probably end up taking part a lot with audiobooks so my eyes can mend up fully for the week to come)

#24in48 website
twitter

Diverseathon! This is the second time a handful of booktubers, this time with a blogger and instagrammer, are running this readathon. I'll link a few things below but: Christina Marie's video, mostly because I feel like it has the most information in it. Basically, they really want to focus on #ownvoices this time around - and also not trying to stretch books into fitting into a "diverse" category.

Stretch yourself, read things that might make you uncomfortable - it's only the only way we can learn and grow. Growing pains are called that for a reason. I'm thinking of posting some diverse book recommendations this week, we'll see how well my eyes hold up. If not this week, then in the next few months - there's quite a few posts I've been meaning to do but, alas, eyes. I might post a TBR tomorrow, but I might just post a pile on my instagram of my TBR of diverse books (#ownvoices and not, just the pile I've got in view to remind me).

Dates: January 22nd - 29th

#diverseathon on all social media, and the conversation is fantastic. If you need recs for #ownvoices books, specific or broad, hit up the hashtag or the hosts in particular.

Christina' video again
diverseathon twitter account

No comments:

Post a Comment